Our St Luke's Mission Giving Scheme, enables us to prayer for and financially support a number of mission societies. We are currently working with:-
- Church Missionary Society (CMS) - Working in over 50 countries. Steve and Catriona Bennett are out Mission Partners in Rwanda. Steve is a full time surgeon, training local doctors and Catriona is an anaesthetist, training part time. They live in Gabini, Rwanda with their daughters Hannah and Rachel.
- Christian Aid - The aim of Christian Aid is to end poverty, working with local partner charities, equipping families and communities to lift themselves out of poverty.
- Overseas Missionary Fellowship (OMF) - Operates in East Asia, planting churches, training leaders and working amongst students and the deprived. Our Mission Partners in Sapporo, Japan are Chris and Kesia Pain and their children Caleb, Jonathan, Carys and Megumi. Chris and Kesia are OMF regional directors, responsible for 45 missionaries and interacting with Japanese churches.
- Bible Society - Translates and distributes God's life-giving word in may countries.
- Tearfund - Works worldwide with churches and partners to help people rebuild their lives after disasters and disease.
- Open Doors - Supports the persecuted church world wide, supplying bibles, bible based literacy programmes and stengthening the suffering church family.
- Evangelical Alliance - dedicated to serving the UK church, uniting evangelicals to make Jesus known
- Church Pastoral Aid Society (CPAS) - Providing support to churches when needed in an exciting variety of ways, creates new young leaders and organises christian camps for young people.
- Programme for Applied Christian Education (PACE) - partnering with local churches in Poole, Bournemouth and Christchurch to serve primary and secondary schools
- South Sudan - Wau. Poole Deanery, which includes St Luke's are linked with the Wau Diocese and supports the theological training college including teacher training and business studies and the work of Archbishop Moses.
In 2014 we became a member organisation of the National Dementia Action Alliance and became a 'Dementia Friendly Church'. The aim of this initiative is to raise awareness and make a difference to the lives of people living with Dementia and their Carers within our Church and the local community, providing a positive approach and supporting people to live well with Dementia.
St. Luke's Church is an environmentally friendly Church for people living with Dementia with pictorial signs placed in Church to assist people when sight and language skills have deteriorated and coloured edging in place on the entrance mats to aid mobility and special awareness problems. Training is offered and information and support is available if requested.
As a Church we support the work of the Alzheimer's Society by raising funds at a coffee morning and holding an information display during Dementia Awareness Week in May each year.
St. Luke's is an inclusive, welcoming Church to all with in our community regardless of their individual needs. Please ask if we can be of any help to you or your family.
St. Luke's is part of the ecumenical group of Churches Together in Poole, seeking God's blessing on the Poole conurbation through joint action, worshiping together and in prayer.
We partner with the Borough of Poole and other voluntary organisations. Some of the projects we are involved with are; Hope in the Community , Poole Town Pastors, Faithworks Wessex , Poole Food Bank, Combating Social Isolation and Loneliness, Youth Engagement, Community Cohesion, and Refugees